By Noor Nouaillati, Recent ASU Nutrition Student
We all know that green tea has become very popular and that it’s now being used for treating various health issues including weight loss. I found an article on health line that had nine benefits of green tea and I would like to share them with you. Other sources that contribute to this list include WebMD and University of Maryland Medical Center.
Green tea is great for helping to improve our health, according to Health Line.
- It’s loaded with antioxidants and it contains large amounts of rich nutrients.
- Green tea is also a great medicine for when you are feeling under the weather you can have a cup or two of green tea and it will help flush out the virus.
- Green tea is also known to help stimulate our brain cells. It contains caffeine but not the same amount as coffee contains. It will still give you the caffeine boost and will help function better.
- Green tea is a great source for burning fat and losing weight. Although this helps with weight loss, we still need to keep in mind that no matter what we do, in order to lose weight we most do some physical activity and watch what we are consuming.
- Studies show that green tea helps with preventing cancer. So encourage the people around you and even yourself to consume at least a cup of green tea a day.
- Some claim green tea may help with Alzheimer’s as well. Similar to how the green tea stimulates the brain it also helps improve brain function.
- It’s a well-known fact that our mouth is full of bacteria. Green tea kills the bacteria within our mouth and because of this it may also rid the mouth of bad breath.
- It may also help lower the risk of becoming diabetic by balancing out your insulin level and lowering our blood sugar levels.
- Green tea has been proven to help with cardiovascular disease. It helps prevent heart attacks or even stroke.
All the benefits that green tea are still being discovered. Be sure to be consuming green tea, whether it’s iced or hot. No matter how you consume it, you will surely see the benefits.