With September comes a little relief from the heat with highs that are not quite so high and lows that provide a welcome respite from the desert heat. It also brings a great new crop of in season produce fresh from your local farm. Take pride in all that Arizona has to offer and ask for locally grown produce, meat, and dairy products wherever you shop. Settle into September with these great recipe ideas that make use of the fabulous, fresh, locally grown food that is in season this month.
- Pasta with Zucchini, Zucchini Blossoms, and Caramelized Onions
- Fried Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Blossoms
- What’s in Season in August (fillyourplate.org)
- What’s in Season in July (fillyourplate.org)
- It’s National Farmer’s Market Week – Let’s Go Shopping (fillyourplate.org)
- Food Prices Increase Slightly in the Second Quarter of 2012 (fillyourplate.org)