Tri-Color Penne w/Cherry Tomatoes & Cheese
1. Bring water to boil
2. Add pasta to boiling water, cooking 1 minute less than directions. Drain well & toss with 1 Tblsp olive oil (EVOO)
3. Cool pasta
4. In skillet, saute garlic and thyme in 2 Tblsp olive oil until slightly yellow in color, set aside.
5. In small bowl combine remaining olive oil, chives, tomatoes, mozzarella, lemon juice and cooked garlic and thyme. Season with salt & pepper.
6. Toss pasta with marinated tomatoes & mozzarella mixture.
7. Top with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
8. Let sit for 20 minutes before serving, or chill to serve cold.
Variations: Add roasted chicken or serve it on the side, if desired. Use fresh herbs to enhance flavor. I added a bit extra fresh lemon juice and garlic. Also, splurge on the fresh mozzarella- it will pay off in this dish!