By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Photo by Kimberly Coffin
Looking for a thoughtful gift to make for a loved one this year? Then this is the perfect option! Learn how to make a delicious Valentines day dessert charcuterie board below.
By Kimberly Coffin of the Sweet Red Poppy blog
- A few different kinds of chocolates (Lindt Lindor, Ghirardelli, Ferrero Rocher, etc.)
- Fruit (strawberries and raspberries)
- Cookies (heart shaped if desired)
- Macarons (can be found in the freezer section of Trader Joes)
- Cake (use a heart shaped cookie cutter on this)
- Chocolate dipping sauce
- Begin by finding the perfect board. Honestly, any board, plate, or platter will work – there’s no need to go out and buy something new. Since we’re making a dessert board, a smaller tray will work. In addition to a board, you may want a few small bowls for dips and sauces.
- There’s no wrong way to assemble a charcuterie board; just add in each of your elements until you are satisfied with its look. But, for me, I tend to assemble my boards in the same order every time. First, I place my larger items, followed by medium-sized items, and finish with my small items.
- To finish off your board, add in a few finishing touches. I normally add in fresh herbs, but for this board, I decided to add in flowers.
More of a savory charcuterie board person? Try Kimberly’s recipe for a savory board here.
Find more delicious recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!