By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Have you tried zucchini fries before? Trust me, they are so good! The first time I had them was at Oreganos. They make a perfect appetizer. I’m excited to make this delicious side at home now with this Blue Sky Organic Farms recipe.
Baked Zucchini Fries
By Danielle of Blue Sky Organic Farms
- ½ c flour
- 1 egg – beaten with 1 tsp water
- ¾ c panko
- ½ c shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lb. zucchini
- Pre-heat oven to 425* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl.
- Place beaten egg in a shallow bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients except zucchini in a shallow bowl.
- Cut ends off zucchini and slice in half lengthwise and the cut each in half widthwise.
- Cut each piece into 6 fries.
- Dip each fry into flour, then egg wash and the dredge into panko mixture pressing to coat.
- Place onto baking sheet and repeat with remaining fries.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with your favorite dipping sauce.