Go local with your Halloween celebrating this month by purchasing Arizona-grown pumpkins from Bashas’.
- Large pumpkins ($5.99 each)
- Cinderella pumpkins ($5.99 each) – pictured in second attachment – see additional information * below.
- Small pumpkins ($2.99 each)
- Pie pumpkins ($2.99 each)
All of the pumpkins were grown in San Simon, Arizona, at Coyote Canyon Farms. Arizona Farm Bureau members, Brian and Penny Driscoll, have been growing pumpkins on their family-owned, sustainable farm since 2004.
* Cinderella Pumpkins are a unique French heirloom whose correct name is “Rouge vif D’Etampes.” The source of their nickname is that they resemble the pumpkin that Cinderella’s fairy godmother transformed into a carriage. This “magical” pumpkin is recorded as the variety cultivated by the Pilgrims and served at the second Thanksgiving dinner. Cinderellas make a delightful decorative accent for the fall season, but their flavor also works well for any pie or winter squash recipe.
Mark your calendars for Saturday, Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. — when all Bashas’ stores will hold a free Trick or Treating Party for families. (See third attachment.) Join us in costume and enjoy free cookies and apple cider. Also, decorate your own Halloween cake for only $5!