By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Did you know cucumbers are in season in August? Try this refreshing, tangy greek salad with cucumbers!
By Ashlyn Edwards, Belle of the Kitchen blog
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped into 1/4 slices
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Black olives, pitted and sliced (to taste)
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (optional, added by Sarah Hunt, AZFB intern)
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce (optional).
- In a smaller bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and dried oregano. Pour over the vegetables and mix well. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and olives over the top of salad and mix. Taste and adjust spices if need be. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Find more delicious salad recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!