By Blue Sky Organic Farms
This week’s recipe share is a refreshing take on the well-known Mediterranean/Middle Eastern dish Tabouli (Tabbouleh). While it is common to create this dish with parsley, mint, and fine bulgur wheat, Chef Danielle decided to create a more accessible recipe with items you may already have on hand. You’ll need no more than 7 ingredients, and one of them will be in your CSA Farm Box- green curly kale! Take a peek, and try your hand at this easy, delightful salad.
Kale Tabouli Salad
- ¼ c raw quinoa
- 1 bunch of kale
- 8 oz. fresh tomatoes ~ diced small
- 2 ea. green onion ~ sliced
- 5 mint leaves **optional**
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1/3 c lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, and let cool.
- Strip stems from kale, and chop fine.
- If using mint, chop leaves fine.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking dressing ingredients together.
- Combine all chopped ingredients and dressing into a bowl, and gently incorporate.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving.*Best served chilled or at room temperature.