By Kenda Hettinger, a recent ASU Nutrition student
I love it when healthy meets simple and fast. I also love anything with a southwestern flair. That is why this salad is #1 on my list. The dressing is made to taste, individualized by your preferences.
1 head of iceberg lettuce
2 bell peppers – any color
½ red onion
1 can black beans – rinsed
1 cup corn
2 tbsp avocado oil
- Chop or slice the onion and bell peppers.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the onions and green peppers until they become soft.
- Add the beans and corn.
- Continue to heat until the beans and corn are heated through.
- Wash the iceberg lettuce. Cut the stem off and then cut it in 4 equal wedges.
- Top one wedge with a big scoop of the cooked vegetables.
½ cup plain greek yogurt
2-5 tsp hot sauce of your preference
- Start with ½ cup plain greek yogurt in a small mixing bowl.
- Add a little hot sauce at a time (I actually used Buffalo sauce) until it meets your spice preference.
- This makes a very thick sauce or you can add water a little at a time until it has a consistency more like a salad dressing.
- Add to the top of your salad.