Celebrity Q & ADahl & DiLuca Restaurant
- What created your passion for cooking?
- By being surrounded by fabulous food prepared by my grandmother Alice, my mother Dorothy and nanny Barbara who was the queen of southern soul food in my book.
- What is your favorite place to eat besides my own restaurants?
- Very difficult question which will take a tremendous amount of thought because 99% of my life as I know it for almost 15 years has been spent eating in our because they are my home to me.
Not only do I have the opportunity to critique but I am never bored with our food if it's properly prepared to my liking. I can have any combos I want so it's just me making it myself. When I travel to outside of Sedona I am a food passionista always thrilled to be trying old favorites of mine such as Mustards in Napa Valley and places like Don Giovanni in Napa as well. I love eating out in Manhattan like Babbo etc. Bottom line even the best seem to fluctuate sometimes but the list of my favorites in SF is ever changing because a lot of the classics are gone and it's sad but the new trendy places just keep coming on.
- What is your favorite dessert?
- Impossible to answer but I could eat my favorite birthday cake choice "Princess Cake" every day of the year. It's made for me.
- What are your holiday food traditions?
- Making what I love and my family expects year after year to be prepared by me in exacting style as we have enjoyed as long as we can remember. I.E There is a proper method to achieve even in the simplest of preparations such as turkey or stuffing and mashed potatoes or my garnet yam soup with roasted peppers. The hooks make all the difference.
- What are your favorite things to cook?
- Soups are at the top of my list, but I love it all.
- What ingredients can you not live without when cooking?
- SALT! Pepper, Olive oil, lemon, chiles in that order
- Your best advice you can give to anyone in regards to cooking is:
- Only use the best quality of ingredients, and Let the Food Speak, Less is More...
back to main page