- Grilled Eggplant Sandwich
- 4 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped, Fresh Basil
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 smaoll Eggplants
- Sandwiches: 1/2 cup Cream Cheese, Low-Fat Whipped, or Goat Cheese 4 pieces Focaccia or other good quality bread, sliced in half, lengthwise 2/3 cup Spinach, washed and dried 4 slices Tomato Preparation Eggplant: Preheat grill to medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic, salt, and fresh ground pepper and Â½ teaspoon fresh chopped basil to small bowl. Stir to combine. Brush both sides of eggplant slices with olive oil mixture. Grill eggplant over direct heat, 3 minutes per side. Sandwiches: Mix cream cheese, 1-tablespoon fresh chopped basil, salt, and fresh ground pepper in small bowl. Spread 4 halves of focaccia bread with cheese mixture. Top with spinach, slice of tomato and focaccia bread slice.
- Provided by:
- Golo Family Organic Farms
Where You Can Buy Ingredients:
Sheep Springs Sheep Co dba Dobson Family Farm Inc.
Marc PedersenChandler, AZ, 85248