- Marinated Peppers
- 3 red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (no green)
- grated peel of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seed
- To blacken peppers: Barbecue on the grill 4 to 6 inches above coals, turning with tongs as each side blackens and blisters. When well blackened, about 20 minutes, remove peppers to plastic bag; close or seal and let pepper steam for 10 minutes to make removal of skin easier. Cool enough to handle. Wipe peppers with paper toweling to help remove. Do not rinse with water. Remove cores; cut in half and remove seeds. Cut into 1/2-inch strips. In a bowl, combine lemon peel, juice, oils, honey, and salt. Add pepper strips. Marinate, covered, 1 hour at room temperature. Stir in green onions and sesame seed. Serve with grilled fish, beef or pork.
- Provided by:
- Southwest Family Citrus and Spenar Family
Where You Can Buy Ingredients:
Sheep Springs Sheep Co dba Dobson Family Farm Inc.
Marc PedersenChandler, AZ, 85248