By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
Photo: Steve Riot, Pixabay
This time of year, kids are going back to school and parents are getting their free time back. It may look different this year with online learning, but that doesn’t mean your kids can’t still have a great learning experience. Here are my top 5 tips for back to school.
- Have a quiet place or room with a desk and computer set up as a classroom for your kids. Gather markers, crayons, colored pencils, index cards, notebooks, and other school supplies and make a supply station in the classroom for easy access.
- If they have any worksheets or homework that is on paper, keep it all in a folder in their backpack by their desk so it doesn’t get lost.
- Continue to pack lunches to get your kids in a school mindset, or even better, teach your kids to pack their own the night before. That way they will be ready to go when school starts back in person!
- Hang up maps, the alphabet, and other educational posters (based on your children’s grade levels) in your home classroom to promote and facilitate learning.
- Have a recess after lunch so your kids can stretch, play and exercise. This will help them pay better attention when they get back to their studies.
In addition, here are eight helpful articles on Fill Your Plate to guide you through the back to school process.
- How to Keep Your Cool in the Back to School Madness
- Back to School with Ease
- Healthy Back to School Lunches
- Top 5 Healthy Snacks for Back to School
- Back to School on a Budget
- Healthy Back-To-School Snack Options on a Healthy Budget
- “It’s Lunch Time!”: Tips for Building a Better School Lunch
- Three Simple Details that Create School Lunches Kids will Love
Remember, use Fill Your Plate’s searchable databases to find farm products to fill those lunchboxes with healthy, fresh food, grown right here in Arizona!