By Sarah LeVesque, Recent Arizona State University Nutrition Student
What you will need:
2 steaks of your choice. For my recipe, I chose to cook two filet mignons.
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Salt and pepper (I like to use a seasoned salt)
Steps to a great steak:
- Before I turn on the grill, I take the filets out of the package and put them on a plate.
- Lightly cover each steak with olive oil.
- Smother each steak with garlic and make sure you have rubbed in it well.
- Then sprinkle some salt and pepper on each side
- Lightly coat each side of the steaks with Worcestershire sauce, cover, and put in the fridge.
- Preheat the grill while the steaks are marinating in the fridge.
- Allow the grill to heat up to about 400°F, and put the steaks on about 7 minutes after it was turned on.
- Place the steaks in the center of the grill, and close the lid.
- Let one side of the steaks lightly char.
- After about 8 minutes, lower the heat down, flip the steaks, and close the lid.
- Depending on how you like your steaks cooked and how thick the cuts are, the cook time will vary.
Tips and tricks:
- You can use a thermometer to help indicate when to remove the steaks from the grill.
- Rare pieces will reach an internal temperature of 130-135°F
- Medium rare will reach 140°F
- Medium is 155°F
- Well done is 165°F
- Once the steaks reach that temperature is when you’ll remove them from the grill.
For more great steak recipes visit Fill Your Plate’s recipe section!
Photo Credit: Carnivore Style