Photo By I Am A Food Blog
By Sarah Hunt, AZFB Communications Intern
I truly regret not experiencing a full English breakfast on my study abroad in London in 2017. Now that I’ve learned more about what it is, I want to make it! And I’m sure you will too after reading all about it below.
Full English Breakfast
By I Am A Food Blog
(Taken from A Breakdown of the Full English Breakfast, click the link for more tips!)
- Heinz Baked Beans
- Back Bacon
- Black Pudding or Blood Sausage
- Coffee or Tea
- Warm the beans. Open the can of beans and warm in a small pot over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the sausages and bacon. While the beans are warming, cook the sausages over medium to medium low, until browned and cooked through, turning as needed. Push the sausages to one side and add the bacon and fry, flipping as needed.
- If you’re having black pudding, add it to the pan and fry, flipping once. Keep everything warm in the pan over a low flame.
- Cook the mushrooms and tomatoes. In another pan, sear the mushrooms until brown and caramelized. Move to one side. Add the tomatoes, cut side down and sear.
- Fry the bread and cook the eggs. Move the meats from the pan and fry the bread in the drippings until golden and crisp. Cook the eggs in the pan that the mushrooms and tomatoes were in.
- Scoop the beans in the middle of the plate then add the bacon at 1-2 o’clock, add the sausages at 3 o’clock, then the eggs at 6. If you have blood pudding, pop that on at 8 o’clock and then fill the rest of the plate with the tomatoes at 11 o’clock and the mushrooms at 12. Fried bread can get tucked in wherever or placed on a side plate. Enjoy!
Find more delicious recipes on Fill Your Plate’s recipe database!