By Lauren Scott, Arizona Farm Bureau Intern
One of my favorite fruits in the world is the humble grape, and although they are little, they are tasty, packed with nutrition, and one of the more versatile fruits I’ve come in contact with. When people think of grapes they don’t usually think of complex recipes that use grape as an ingredient; but those recipes are how we get the most use out of the tiny fruit. From salads to whole roasted grapes, there are so many healthy and tasty recipes to be made. (There are even recipes the kids will love, too!)
Grapes are packed with antioxidants, vitamins like Vitamin C and Vitamin B2, and minerals like potassium and calcium, which means that along with being yummy, they are one of the healthiest fruits you can add to breakfast, lunch, and dinner! No matter when you are going to eat them, we have a recipe for you! Here are our top grape recipes from Fill Your Plate, as well as some of our favorite recipe websites!
- Grape Jelly – A great addition to any breakfast, spread this jelly on toast, English muffins, or bagels for an easy and tasty start to your day! If you don’t make your own homemade grape jelly, hunt for one in the store that’s low in sugar.
- Grape Muffins – A wonderful breakfast for those on the go! Make them the night before and grab them as you are leaving in the morning. You can always freeze the extra!
- Easy Grape Salad – This sweet salad will make you actually exited to eat something in the morning! No more forcing yourself or the kids to eat one more bite of your normal boring breakfast food! (Plus it’s easy to make!)
- Raw grapes as your morning fruit – Don’t forget to have a bunch of grapes as your morning fruit! Add them to a breakfast of eggs and bacon! We often go for the orange or apple, but fresh grapes are a perfect breakfast fruit too. (And no pealing is involved, just a quick rinse!)
- Pistachio Salad – The grapes are what make this salad! If you’re looking for a tasty recipe that you can tote with you to work, this is it! The recipe is simple to make, and the results are delicious!
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Grape and Caper Salsa – Who would have thought grapes and capers could be mixed into a perfect harmony to top a juicy tuna steak? Well they can be! And the results are that of dining in a fine restaurant!
- Spiced Chicken and Grape Skewers – Not only are these skewers fun to make and eat, they are super tasty too!
- Goat Cheese and Grapes White Pizza – This pizza is something new and different to get your family excited about dinner. Whether your family already likes goat cheese or wants to try it, this is the perfect recipe to use to introduce it to everyone!
- Garlic Chicken and Grapes – Chicken is always a crowd pleaser, and what better compliment to it than juicy, tasty grapes!
- Focaccia with Rosemary and Grapes – This is a recipe that many people have not tried, but that we highly recommend trying! It will probably be new to your repertoire, and to your tastebuds!
With all the different recipes provided, and the others scattered across cookbooks and the internet, there is no doubt you will find a recipe that includes grapes that you and your family will love! Check Fill Your Plate for more grape and raisin recipes, and enjoy!