By Noor Nouaillati, Recent ASU Nutrition Student
Have you ever wondered what the benefits of protein are? Your organs, tissues, muscles, and hormones consist of protein. Protein is the key to growing and developing properly. Protein is the key to maintaining and losing weight because protein helps boost your energy levels and helps stabilize your blood sugar levels. Protein makes your body feel full from all the nutrients it consists of.
I did some research online and came across the top protein foods that should be included in your diet.
The top protein foods are:
- Beef: Contains the highest protein and supplies almost 50 percent of our recommended daily protein value. It has also been shown to reduce heart disease and improve blood sugar from the rich healthy fat it contains.
- Bone Broth: It’s packed with amino acids and helps with detoxifying the body. It includes potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Whenever I get sick or feel like I am coming down with something, my mother makes soup consisting of bone broth and chopped vegetables. It tastes so delicious and it does wonders.
- Salmon: It’s considered the healthiest seafood. It’s high in protein and contains omega 3 fatty acids. Salmon has been shown to benefit the human brain, bones, skin, and eyes.
- Eggs: Having that hard-boiled egg in the morning will lead to a protein-packed breakfast. Eggs help boost heart health and help with weight loss. Hard-boiled eggs also serve as a source of biotin.
- Almonds: Almonds are both delicious and healthy. Almonds bring the protein to the trail mix. With dried cranberries and chocolate chips, you can make a healthy protein-enhanced snack.
Protein is beneficial in many aspects. If you are trying to build muscle, it’s recommended to increase your protein intake. However, if you’re trying to lose weight, you should maintain a steady amount of protein intake. Protein is beneficial to the human body and plays a key role in the everyday diet.
For more informative blog articles check out the Fill Your Plate blog. New blogs are posted every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.