- Candied Black Pepper & Medjool Date Bacon
- ½ lb. good quality bacon, about 8 slices
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 each Medjool dates, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked coarse black pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange bacon on a rack over a lined sheet pan. In a small bowl mix the remaining ingredients together being sure to coat the dates with spices to break up. Sprinkle and rub mixture on bacon. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until desired crispness. Serve as breakfast bacon warm or add in sandwiches, pizzas, or salads for extra-added flavor. Cut bacon in half for appetizer size servings.
- Provided by:
- Natural Delights
Where You Can Buy Ingredients:
Bard Date Company (Powered by Peanut Patch)
Yuma, AZ, 85364
Sheep Springs Sheep Co dba Dobson Family Farm Inc.
Marc PedersenChandler, AZ, 85248