- Chilled Lemon Soup
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Dry Cider
- 2 Oz. Short-Grain Brown Rice
- 2 Lg. Lemons, Peel Zested and Lemons Juiced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tbsp. Chives, Snipped
- 4 Very Thin Slices Lemon for Garnish
- Simmer the stock, cider, and rice in a covered pot with salt, pepper and zested lemon rind for 40 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, puree in a blender and return the mixture to the pot. Mix in the juice from the 2 lemons and simmer gently. Remove from heat, cool and skim any fat that might appear on the surface. Chill. To Serve: Scatter the chives on the top of the soup in each bowl and garnish each bowl with the wafer-thin lemon slice. Makes 4 servings.
- Provided by:
- Southwest Family Citrus and Spenar Family
Where You Can Buy Ingredients:
Sheep Springs Sheep Co dba Dobson Family Farm Inc.
Marc PedersenChandler, AZ, 85248