By Lauren Scott, Arizona Farm Bureau Intern
This article is the second installment in a series
Part 1: Eat Your Veggies
Fruits are a very important part of a healthy diet, but it can be hard to fit them into your routine. You might often be on-the-go, or think you are too busy to prepare fruits for meals. Maybe you just aren’t a fan of fruit in the first place. That doesn’t change the fact that you’re body needs the nutrients that fruit can give you. Sometimes I can be at a loss for what to do with fruit just like you, but these Fill Your Plate articles have really saved me time, and helped me figure out where to fit fruit into my busy schedule.
- Arizona Grows a Rainbow of Fruits and Vegetables
- What to do with all that Fruit?
- Fresh Arizona Fruit: More than just Desserts
- In-Season Smoothies
- Let’s Cook with Lemons
- 25 Ways to Eat Cherries
- Arizona Apples Start your day off Right
- 50 Ways to use Pears
- Arizona Oranges, Reaping the Sunshine
- Blackberries: A Sweet and Healthy Superfood
For more amazing fruit articles, head over to Fill Your Plate! There are also sections to help you find out what’s in season this month, and what recipes you should try. To help you get started, here are five of my favorite Fill Your Plate fruit recipes: