- Glazed Cinnamon Bars
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powered sugar (icing)
- 1/2 - 1 cu chopped nuts
- Combine butter, sugar, egg yolk and salt. Beat until creamy. Stir in flour and cinnamon. Mix well. Spread thick batter into lightly greased 15 by 10 inch pan. (38 x 25 cm) Beat egg white just until foamy. Stir in powdered sugar. Brush mixture over batter. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake in 350 degree F (176 degrees C) oven for 25 â 30 minutes. While still hot, cut into bars. Cool on rack. Makes about 48.
- Provided by:
- Nancy Brierley, former California & Arizona farmer
Where You Can Buy Ingredients:
Sheep Springs Sheep Co dba Dobson Family Farm Inc.
Marc PedersenChandler, AZ, 85248