March is a time of renewal and growth as the spring arrives and with it brings more locally grown produce and farm products. Whether you are a dedicated “locavore” or just looking for ways to lower your grocery bill, Arizona offers a wide range of fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, and dairy products grown right here at home. You won’t find fresher food that is more full of flavor than the items that came right from a local farm. Eating what is in season will also help you stretch your family’s food dollar while filling your plate with delicious, nutritious food.
Here is a list of what is in season this month and ideas for delicious recipes featuring each of these locally grown in season items.
- Duck Breast with Clementines and Tuscan Kale
- Sautéed Scallops with Clementine Sauce and Toasted Beets
- Applesauce and Sage Glazed Pork Loin with Parsnips and Turnips
- Mashed Yellow Turnips with Crispy Shallots
- What’s in Season in December? (fillyourplate.org)
- What’s in Season in January? (fillyourplate.org)
- What’s in Season in February? (fillyourplate.org)