By Lauren Scott, Arizona Farm Bureau Intern
As the weather cools down our stoves heat up. Here in Arizona, that’s a pretty big deal, as most of us try to keep stove use to a minimum during the warm months. Winter gives us all a chance to break out the cookbooks and try some recipes we would never think to make in the summer. My favorite dish to make when it’s cold out is soup. I make it on the stove, or if I know I’m going to be busy I make it in the crockpot.
Soup can feed your whole family easily, and is the easiest thing to make.
- Albondigas – Meatball Soup
- Turkey, Kale, and Brown Rice Soup
- Oyster Stew
- Bacon, White Bean, and Kale Skillet
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Spicy Ham and Black Bean Soup
- Ranch Soup
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Mexican Pork and Beans Soup
- Potato Cheese Soup
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- Italian Cupboard Soup
- Savory Goat Meat Stew with Dumplings
- Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Pepper and Pineapple Pork Stew
- Old Mexico Style Pozole
- Chilled Potato, Leek, and Beet Soup
- Grand Canyon Sweet Onion Soup
- Classic Minestrone Soup
- Comforting Corn Chowder
Share your favorite soup recipe with us in the comments! If you need any more soup, stew, chowder, or pasta recipes head over to the recipe section on Fill Your Plate.